Frequently Asked Questions
- Can you manufacture special/different sizes to the standard products shown in the Jones manual?
- Can you supply lifting equipment for products?
- Are Jones products watertight even if double sealed?
- Can you manufacture deeper telebloc trays?
- Can you calculate how many drainage units will be required to drain a given area?
- What is the free area of Jones drainage products?
- Do Jones survey and install their products?
- Can Jones supply samples?
- Do you manufacture BT units?
- Can you paint your products and if so, what colours are available?
- Can you shot blast your products and what is the grit size?
- Can you manufacture heavy duty grilles?
- Do you have any multi-leaf suppagrille details?
- Can you manufacture curved-on-plan Ventraflow?
- Are Ventraflow tops laser cut?
- Do Jones visit site/offices?
- Do you supply calculations for special products?
- Can you manufacture recessed hinged units with stainless steel edging?
- Can you manufacture duct runs to suit special layouts?
- Is it acceptable to manufacture mild steel galv. with stainless steel?
- Do you manufacture in stainless steel?
- Do you offer D400 loading?
- Can you schedule?
- Can you design specials?
- Can you supply products off the shelf?
- Can we collect from you?
- Can we order direct?
- Can we have lengths not specified in the manual?
- Can you make specials?
- Can we have sketches?
- Can we have a quotation?
- Can you give prices over phone?
- Can we have drawing details (AutoCAD details) to add into our customers drawings?
- Can we have technical data sheets?
- Can you offer advice?
- Can you offer design options/alternative quotes?
- Can you give us the lintel codes, so that we can order over the phone?
- Can you provide NBS production specifications to add into tender documents?
- Can you manufacture specials (i.e. U.B’s angles with PLTs etc.)?
- Can we have a drawing?
- Can you offer a more cost effective solution?
- Are Jones products compliant with the manual handling regulations?
Yes, we can manufacture to any specification, size or shape, within reason. We manufacture in mild steel, or stainless steel, which has big advantages over cast or ductile iron products.
All manufactures – both cast iron and steel products can supply lifting equipment for products. Generally with cast iron the recommendation is for mechanical lift due to the weight of cast iron. Steel products have more chance of being broken down into lighter – slide out – hence the ‘Jones’ Telebloc range.
No product can be guaranteed water tight if double sealed although ‘Jones’ double rubber seal tends to be more effective than other examples i.e. Single rubber seal or two sealing troughs for on site addition of grease to form seals. Channel frame is another option, depending on design required.
Yes we can fabricate deeper trays, but weight of the unit for handling purposes may become an issue.
Provide us with an accurate area dimension and we can work that out for you.
Yes we do. We directly employ our fitters who are fully trained and experienced in all aspects of site work relating to Jones products.
Yes we can, once we have received a firm order from you.
We can paint our products to any xxxxx specification required.
Yes we can, just tell us what you are trying to achieve and we’ll offer a solution.
Yes we do, tell us what you need.
Yes we can and to our knowledge there are very few other manufacturers who can offer curved on plan products.
Yes they are.
Yes we do. We’ll come to your site or offices if you need us to discuss or view the project.
Yes and we believe our offer is unique.
Yes we can.
D400 is a cast iron spec, not applicable to mild steel, but our products will take the equivalent loadings – no Jones product has ever failed within its specified loading.
What you might refer to as a 'special' forms the majority of our business. All of Jones products are designed and manufactured to suit customer specifications.
Our production is geared up to manufacture to customer order, so we don't carry stock.
Yes you can.
Yes you can, although we do have an extensive network of merchants, builders and contractors – for more information please call 01691 653251 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Absolutely, we can manufacture to any length required, within reason.
We don’t use the word special much, because everything we manufacture is to customer specification.
Once you have given us your order commitment we will be happy to supply sketches.
We will provide you with a quotation when we know the full scope of the project.
If it absolutely essential we will give a price over the phone, but we prefer to do it in writing, so that there are no misunderstandings further down the line.
We are happy to provide specs and drawings to help you when we have received your order commitment.
Any spec information you require will be freely available to you once we have received your firm order.
We’re always keen to help our customers with appropriate advice, to help to make the progress of the job as easy as possible.
Because most of the products we manufacture are specifically designed to suit our customers specifications, we always strive to provide the most cost effective solutions. If we feel we can advise our customers of a better, or more cost effective way to fulfil their project, we will do that also.
Of course, no problem at all.
Yes we can.
Absolutely. Your specials are our standards. We always manufacture to suit customer specs.
Yes , once a firm order has been placed.
We always try to offer the most cost effective solution, but we are always willing to investigate alternative options.